2023 Summer Driver's Education
Enrollment for the 2023 Summer Driver's Education Class is now open. All enrollment forms are due by 3:00 pm on Friday, May 5, 2023.
The 2023 Summer Classroom Session of Driver's Education (3-week session) is scheduled for the following dates:
Monday, June 5 to Friday, June 9
Monday, June 12 to Friday, June 16
Monday, June 19 to Friday, June 23
Class time is from 8:30 am to 11:30 am every day Monday through Friday.
As soon as your student turns 14 years of age, the Driver’s Education Instructors do recommend that students make an appointment to go to the DMV and obtain the learner's permit as they are required to hold the learner's permit for a full calendar year. However, this is not a requirement for taking the course as students can obtain their learner's permit through class. The Kansas Driver’s Handbook can be downloaded here. Driver's Education is required in order for the student to obtain the 15-year old Restricted Driver's License.
- Both parents and students need to watch the informational Parent/Student Meeting presentation. The presentation is approximately 56 minutes in length.
- After watching the presentation, fill out and submit the Enrollment and Permit Application form.
- Download and Print the Signature Page.
- The signature page must be signed by both the student and a parent. The completed signature page and $230 class fee is due to the high school office by 3:00 pm on Friday, May 5, 2023. If the class fee is being paid by credit card through the District's RevTrak system, attach a copy of the receipt to the signature page. You'll need to select "Yes" on the Enrollment form to the question asking if you're paying by credit card. A list will be generated (may take a couple of days) and given to the high school office. They can then set it up as a fee for you which will be able to be accessed through your PowerSchool Parent Portal.
- If you are also providing eye doctor documentation (refer to the explanation in the informational video), attach the documentation to the signature page as well.
Please contact Mr. Wright if you have any questions.